Jul 8, 2008

Oh, sunny day!

A while back, I posted about some wallets I made. The sunshine one went to my sister, and she asked me to make her a matching messenger bag! She left for Greece last week, and I barely got the bag done so she could take it with her. (My sister is now completely accessorized with stuff made by me, she is like a walking advertisement! haha). Once again, my machine fought with me throughout the making of this bag. However, I conquered in the end, and my machine submitted to my demands. I could hug it, I am so happy!

So here are the pics of the Sunny Day messenger bag!


(You can't see very well but there are orange sun rays sewn onto the flap)





I love this blue ticking! The orange zipper opens up to a nice bright blue lined pocket.

Next on the list (OK... not next... but definitely on there somewhere) is a bag for myself. I want a cute large bag with different compartments and pockets so I can take my crafty stuff with me to my nanny job to work on when (if?) the baby is napping. Right now I am using canvas shopping totes and plastic bags. Doable, but not very stylish :)

I need to run to the store today and buy some more thread, and then I'm going to finish sewing up some really sweet sock monkey ornaments and post some pictures!

2 comments:

Just Another Runner said...

love the bag! especially the colors!

Anonymous said...

This is great I think my lap top would fit in there ;)

Would love to see you posted at HerBlogDirectory.com