Nov 10, 2011

Sweater refashion - clothes for boys

I should be cleaning my house, but the baby in my tummy is telling me that I should eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches, drink berry smoothies, and blog, instead. Well, maybe not the blogging, but I am definitely craving the food! And why not blog while I'm eating? I love multitasking!

I have had this big old sweater in my cut-up-and-make-something bin for a long time. I was thinking pillow cover? Stuffed animal? Hat? Not until I saw *this post* at Made did the obvious finally hit me- just make a smaller sweater! So that's just what I did. I followed Dana's great instructions, and in about an hour, Kade had a brand new sweater!

The before:
This sweater was a size XL, and in great condition. Kade thought it was just fun to wear it around like this, making faces and pretending he has really short arms.


The after:
It fits! I used a long sleeved shirt as the pattern, cutting just a bit larger since I wanted a somewhat baggy, comfy fit. Kade loves it, but he thinks it's itchy. I'll just have him wear a t-shirt underneath.


As always, Kade must turn a simple request for one shot into a full photo shoot! There ended up being about 30 poses before I finally told him that I thought I might have enough pictures to choose from. I couldn't help but make this little collage with some of the best.


I have really been enjoying trying to make more of our clothes lately. I haven't made Kade anything else yet besides some freezer paper stenciled shirts, and enlarging some neck holes on some favorite shirts (he has a big head!), but I have some things planned! Yesterday I made 5 maternity shirts for myself out of some t-shirts, skirts, and other fabric that I had in my stash. I'll share those soon!

4 comments:

Riahli said...

Melody you are so crafty! Can't wait to see the other shirts you made... I loved peanut butter and banana sandwhiches {with a little honey too} when I was prego with Banden... Loved Them! So yummy. :)

Unknown said...

very good , every dress is looking beautiful and i like it ,its very useful for boys
clothes for boys

Gracestefan said...

We don’t distinguish about you but we are certainly preliminary to feel the alteration in the weather, the mornings and sunsets are a lot dimmer and it is sensation colder every day. With the new period upon us it’s the faultless time to start preparation your footwear staples for the colder months ahead so we are here with our final guide to winter shoes & accessories gumboots to keep you observing stylish and warm.

House For Sale Eagle ID said...

hey Elena Alvin here, and this post reminded me of my childhood memories and it was a very great post. It also reminds the winter days and it was very best for us.